Brianna wins 'em all

Is this the documentation of the adventures of the great and mysterious ( and often hilarious) Dr Smooth? Or just the incessant ramblings of the 19 year old drama queen Brianna Akins? only a true mastermind can decipher the truth!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

an Analogy for Your Thoughts

This whole Europe thing? Is probably a stupid idea. Financially speaking, i mean. Even IF manage to make all the money I need by next May without spending it, IF I can keep worknig at the pace I am, IF I dont spend it all like I frequently do.. what am I going to do when I come back? If I decide not to go back to school right away I need to start paying back all my student loans in November. If I do manage to get into some school in another city, how will I afford ti live there? Who goes to Europe willy nilly whe nthey are as in debt I am? Its craziness, I know it is.
That being said, the other night I went to Bowen park with my friend Ryan. We went up to the little stream, and Ryan got the bright idea that he wanted to climb the rocks on the other side. But the other side was too far away to get to without wading through the icky cold water. SO he got a rock, and put it in the water to use as a stepping stone. The other side was still fairly far away, but he managed to leap across and make it. Then he said, Brianna, come on! I refused! I was scared to do it. What if I didnt make it? So I stood on the bank and watched him climb around. Then he disappeared for a second, and i could hear him shout, theres a hidden cover back here! Wel,l I wanted to see that cove, but i told myself I just wouldnt be able to. So I decided then, screw it, I was going to go over to the other rocks. So I got up, leapt, and made it no problem.

The moral of the story? You shouldnt not do something you want to do, just because there are a few risks involved. You will regret it so much later, im sure. So thats why, despite fiscal irresponsibility, I AM going to Europe. And I will just have to figure out the money situation when I get back. And thats all there is to THAT.

Things I Learned This Weekend:
  • The only thing stopping me from doing what I want to do is myself
  • I dont need food or sleep to live, just have a goal in mind. If im working towards something, I can work until im blue in the face, and I will keep going til I get it.
  • I love the smell of Cigarettes and cologne
  • I always need to play the hero. Anytime something goes wrong, im always the person to step in and fix it. But instead of just being a good person, i play the martyr, acting like I sacrificed so much to help others. I dont think I like that.
  • Nobody ever calls me. Im always the one to call and make plans. I dont like that either.
  • There is a huge wisdom gap between people my age and just a few years younger

3 Comments:

  • At May 21, 2007 12:53 PM, Blogger Tarantula eyes said…

    yay. I seriously think going to europe is one of the best ideas. it did wonderful things for me and someday i will go back for longer. I think travelling can be the best "education" anyone can get about themselves and the poeple and world around them. so what im really trying to say is good on ya./ Things will work out. They always do dont they?

     
  • At May 22, 2007 4:55 PM, Blogger déjà~raine said…

    for the first few sentences you had me worried that you were giving up on england!!!

    but no, you aren't. this makes me happy.

    i've done that stepping stone thing. but mine was to cross a stream to get firewood, and to help my friend's friend get his car out of the river. i got soaked anyway.

    also, as far as fiscal irresponsibility goes, your debt is still pretty light. it's not like you're going on a cruise around the world before paying off your mortgage. your debt isn't even into 5 figures yet. but i vote you get a credit card just in case you need some emergency cash while abroad...

     
  • At June 24, 2007 2:20 PM, Blogger VivaLaPinto said…

    "I love the smell of Cigarettes and cologne"

    does this mean if I buy a bottle of Old Spice I'll have what I always wanted? A Brianna coat! To wrap around me always and never leave my side, except for when I want to wear a coat of less intensity and brightness?

    End of slightly creepy comment. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home